Quotes

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three Things Thursday

A lot of the blogs I read do a "Three Things Thursday" so I figured I'd join the bandwagon. Here are my three:

1. Today is Connor's 2nd Birthday! For those of you that don't know him, Connor is a very happy little boy, and by "little" I mean he is very small for his age. Connor's favorite things in the world are Mickey Mouse, trains, hats, and shoes. He's always smiling, and loves to play and explore new things.

2. I signed up for the Army 10 Miler. Yeah, I know, I posted about this already, but I wanted to add to it. When I first started this blog, I mentioned that I've always wanted to run a marathon, and this latest adventure into running was going to lead up to me running the Baltimore Marathon. Since that time, I've decided that it might be too lofty of a goal at this point. I considered running a half, but when I saw this one, I knew it would be the one.
It takes place in DC, and I've become very familiar with DC after spending nearly a year working a service route in DC. I enjoy being around The Mall area, and the scenery would be great. Plus, I work for The Army.

I still have a full marathon as a goal, just not for 2010. We'll see how the rest of this year plays out.

3. Running shoes. I've been researching a new pair of running shoes, and let me tell you, it's not going well. I've been told by a running shoe store that my current shoe is good for my feet. Reading up on this, it appears that is not true. I have very high arches, I am a supinator (sounds like I should go to jail for something doesn't it?), and have prior medical issues, so it's not an easy choice. Besides, after spending the $55 for the Army 10 Miler, and about to spend another $55 for our Family Fitness Run at the end of the month, I really don't feel like spending $100 for a pair of shoes.

I'll keep ya informed!

4 comments:

Annie said...

You had to spend $55 for each of those races? ugh! Hope you find a good pair of shoes for a decent price. I'll keep you posted on my blister issue. I'm going to try running socks first.

James said...

$55 for an individual for Army 10 Miler. The family fun race is $25 per adult and $5 per kid (connor will be in a stroller so he doesn't count)

Anonymous said...

I'm a supinator too! The folks at Falls Road Running Store told me only 25% of the population runs on the outside of their feet like we do. I'm also in the market for new shoes here pretty soon. Keep us posted on what you come up with!

Mom said...

So is the run there at the mall? It would be a fun area to run in. You'd have a lot of spectators with the tourists.