Quotes

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Always Sunny in....... Fort Meade!

Have I mentioned how I love running in warm sunny weather? Well I do, and today that just happened to be the case. I originally planned to run two laps around Burba Lake (a glorified pond about 150 yards from my building), which would equate to 1.5 miles, but about halfway through, I decide to push for 3 laps (2.25 miles). I know, this isn't too far, but for me 2 miles is about my norm.

In other news, I have a race set! I'm running a 5K this Sunday in Columbia, MD. It benefits a local YMCA and is only about 20 minutes away. I'm slightly nervous, as I really haven't been running 3 miles much, but I'm hoping the adrenaline rush, and the fact that I'm running with other people will carry me through. I've been trying to think of a goal for this race. Definitely not PR potential. Realistically, I am hoping to finish the race in under 35 minutes. Today I ran 2.25 in 26:26 so this should be doable. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself and get it done closer to 30. I guess I'd better bump up my mileage the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good luck with the race on Sunday, James!

Dad said...

Enjoy the race, run safe.