Quotes

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

5K Luncher

Today's run went pretty well, with one exception. Since the race on Sunday, my legs have been achy while running. Yesterday, I'd assumed it was due to the cold but today was nice and they were still achy; mostly in my shins.

I have to confess I haven't done much in the way of stretching, outside of during my workout. I'll have to make a concerted effort to do extra stretches every night, maybe some Wii Yoga too. Jen's been using the Biggest Loser game and it looks to have a good yoga part

Getting back to my run, I did a 1.5/1.5 min run/walk set for 3.1 miles (4 laps around the lake). I stopped and stretched after the second lap, and it seemed to help. Tomorrow, I'm debating about meeting with the running group. I might just take a rest day instead.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You're doing great, James, but don't push youself too hard. Yes, maybe your body is telling you to take a break for a day and then see how your legs feel. I think running is hard on the joints too. Seems a lot of runners have problems in that area. Fast walking is good exercise, but I know you like the running.