Quotes

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Runners Bug Virtual Non-Race Report

This morning I decided to do my virtual non-race.  I was originally thinking of doing the 10 miles at a very slow pace, but decided that would be pushing it so I chose the 10K instead.  I headed over to one of my favorite routes, the NCR Trail, grabbed my walkman and a bottle of water and hit the road. 

I was glad I decided against the 10 miles because my shins were sore.  Most likely from my Squat Challenge.  I took it slow and steady and kept forcing myself to slow it down.  I wanted to savor the run.

It was a nice cool morning and there were plenty of people on the trail.  I always enjoy it more when there are other people out there.  The curious nod as you pass by, acknowledging effort, the smile from walkers, and the happy tail wagging of dogs.  It makes for a nice run.  The weather was great too.  Nice and cool with a gentle breeze. I must say it was a near perfect day for a run. 

I kept to my 2/1 intervals and didn’t push it at all.  Just a nice relaxing run, listening to some great music.  Afterwards, I headed home, showered, then we went to see The Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of  Ga’Hoole”  which was a great CGI movie. 

 

I’ve been thinking of some prizes for the virtual race and outside of the normal Gu, Nuun, etc.  I thought I’d offer up something unique.  I have a hobby of enhancing photos and/or making photo paintings on the computer.  What a better prize than a personalize painting of your favorite running photo.

The winner from each distance will be offered a handmade photo painting.  I can’t afford to actually print them out, so it will only be a digital copy, but there are quite a few places online that will print to canvas if you’d like.  I’ll just make the image, but you can do with it as you like.  The winners will need to send me a pic of them running or something else running related of them.  Here are a few examples of my work

406306747_H27kU-M 413501086_BntRb-M 413775537_mpuTg-M

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

gba_gf said...

I did my virtual nonRace as well on Sunday! The report went up today (because it's been a little bit busy over at NofSahm..)

Glad you had a nice run and nice weather!

teacherwoman said...

What a great idea for the winners! Love it!