Quotes

Friday, October 8, 2010

Let the Staycation Begin!

Being that I was off Monday for a holiday and Friday for my regular day off, I decided to take off the rest of the week.  So, starting today I’m off for nine days!

I began the break by going over to the track on post and running a speed mile.  I did a 1/4 mile warm up and stretches first.  I wanted to time myself at an above race pace but not dead sprinting. The goal was to run the mile “uncomfortably fast” and warn out at the end, but not keeling over like I would sprinting.  It was great, I finished fairly strong with a 9:01 mile.  Better than I was anticipating!  I did a cool down 1/4 run then headed home where I decided to knock out day three of my challenge:

Push-ups: 4, 5, 4, 4, Max (I did 10)

Sit-ups: 6, 7, 6, 6, Max (I did 17)

Squats: 5, 6, 5, 5, Max (I did 16)

Now it’s off to shower then a  “Bull Roast” for Jen’s work tonight.

Catch Ya Later!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice run! Enjoy your staycation!

Unknown said...

Good job with the track work. Enjoy the staycation. :-)