Quotes

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Blogoversary!

One year ago today I started my blog.  What began as a fledgling running journal has grown into my runners voice. I can't say it's been the best year of my life, but it's been a great one. I've had my ups and downs, injuries and victories, depressive moments and exciting ones.  I've seen my follower count increase, commenters come and go, and have shared this all with many people I might never meet in person.  Lets be honest, I went into this thinking I would fail.  That I'd give into my running pattern of doing it for a month or so then something would come up that got in the way until I just quit. I had hopes that this wouldn't happen, that's one of the reasons for starting the blog. 

So it's been a year.  I feel healthier, have lost nearly 20 lbs, and am more active than before.  I have to give thanks to all who follow, comment, or just lurk.  I don't think I'd have kept my running up had I not had the encouragement and support of you.  I also have to give a HUGE shout out to my family.  Jen, you've kept me going.  Being supportive of my running.  Critical at times, but never in a bad way.  Now, with your own blog and stirring towards becoming a runner too,  I see only good things to come.  Paige, you've been brave.  You ran with me cheered me on during races, and even completed a fair amount yourself.  Connor, you too have cheered me on.  The enthusiasm you've had for your own "I running" always puts a smile on my face.  Soon enough, you'll be able to run as well.  (I'm not an advocate of running am I?) 

Ok, so enough of the sappyness.  When I noticed that I was close to 200 blogs, I decided to make the 200th on my 1 year mark.  In conjunction, I'd been wanting to redo my blog.  I was tired of the old, darkness I had going. Wanted to switch things up a bit and make it more friendly.  So here it is.  Don't you just love my new header?  Check out the different tabs.  I’ve briefly written what each will be about but they’re still works in progress so check them out often!  And now for the gift.  I was contacted by Megan at buildasign.com and offered a promotional sticker.  I'm sure you've seen a few others on here.  What a great way to share and get your blog out there to more people.   Since I was working on a new header design, I decided to adapt it into my own decal.  Here it is:

decal4 

They should arrive next week and I've got plenty to hand out.  Here's the deal, since I don't want everyone's address being placed publicly on here, send me an email at xm41907@gmail.com with your name and address and I will mail you a sticker.  I'll send them out as long as I have them. 

Here's to my next year!

Cheers!

James

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Blogoversary! So proud of you babe!

bobbi said...

Happy Bloversary! And I love the new look!

Annie said...

Happy Blogoversary!