Quotes

Thursday, June 28, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

I realized I'd failed to mention it here. Jen and I have decided to run the 2013 Disney World Marathon together.  This will be her first, and my second marathon.

Jen is currently beginning to train for her first half marathon in November, so it's going to be a shuffle of scheduling around and she'll be good to go, training-wise. 

I, on the other hand, have the Army 10 Miler in October, and will vamp up my training around there as well.  At some point, we're going to need to sync up our training and start running the long distances together. The intention will be to run the race together, and to enjoy the race sights and sounds.  I'm sure she'll do great!

It might sound neglecting, but the kiddos will not be accompanying us to Disney World.  Why would we go there and not bring kids??  Well, we're only flying in for the race.  At most, we'll fly in the morning the day before the race, and stay the night after.  Short and sweet.  The kids can stay with the grandparents or cousins.  We'll bring them back some goodies I'm sure. 

Additionally, I'm considering running a local to my my home town marathon in early March.  If I decided to run that one, it will be a quick trip to OK by myself.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

That run sounds like a blast! Enjoy it!

Unknown said...

yay! so excited for you!