Quotes

Friday, November 5, 2010

Lack of Running

I have to admit, I haven't been running the last two weeks.  I got a slow 3 miler in last Sunday and that's been it.  Partially, I want to make sure my hamstring has plenty of time to heal, but partially because I've just been lazy busy with work and family. My plan, cause you know I've always got to have one, is to start back on Sunday, expecting that my hamstring issue should be resolved by then. When I ran last Sunday, I thought I might have felt a slight bit of tenderness, or I was just over analyzing it. I still plan to run a Turkey Trot in a few weeks so I have to get back into shape.  Plus my marathon training officially kicks off the following week.

Thanks for the input on Christmas stuff.  Winter clothes will definitely be a good thing.  Still debating about a watch.  If mine wasn't missing the plastic buttons, I'd be fine with what I've got.  Possibly just an upgrade of this version as it's about 5 years old.  I think I can find it on ebay pretty cheap.  Maybe some new running shoes.  The more I think about trail shoes, the more I think I can go with out, at least until spring rolls around and I start looking at the available races. 

The latest issue has been my poor truck. She's only a 2003, but the transmission is slipping in the morning, and other issues are creeping up.  It's time to get something new.  Something the kids can ride in.  This weekend I'll probably start looking around.  I've like the jeep SUVs (Patriot, Liberty, Compass).  Anyone have one and is there anything you don't like about them?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you have marshalls nearby, they usually have great stuff for winter at prices that can't be beat.