Quotes

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A First

I’ve been running in my neighborhood for nearly a year, and today was the first time a fellow runner actually stopped to talk.  Although mainly he walks, but I have seen him out and about before.  We talked for about a minute or two on where we go, then went our separate ways. 

As for my run, I did almost 3.5 miles.  I was planning a 4 miler, but I didn’t map out where I was going (our house up to Paige’s school), I wasn’t exactly sure how far it would be until done. I started out great, but conservative.  About midway I started noticing tenderness again in my right hamstring, so I slowed it down even further.  It’s only been two weeks, so I wasn’t expecting it to be full healed anyway.  Still going to take it nice and easy for the next few weeks.  I do plan to run more than once a week from this point on however.  Otherwise, it was a nice, chilly morning run.  I do need to get a good running jacket for the winter. I was using a regular hoody and it’s too stuffy.  Off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday. 

Catch Ya Later!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

take it easy on the hammy

Adam said...

I'm back!! Sorry for the lack of comments.

Very cool about meeting up with another runner in the neighborhood. I still have yet to have that happen to me. Maybe I'm too sweaty/gross??

Rest the hammy!

d.a.r. said...

Way to go! Ice, ice, ice!