Quotes

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1)  Today I had an initial appointment with a podiatrist to address my left Achilles tendon issue.  If you recall, my general doctor thought it was a bone spur and had x-rays made while referring me to the podiatrist in his practice.  Thankfully, it’s not a bone spur.  Apparently I have short Achilles tendons and the left one is pulling away from the bone.  He prescribed me some stretching exercises to do twice a day and a night split to help lengthen my Achilles tendon.  I go back in 6 weeks.  Hopefully with good news.  It doesn’t bother me too much except in the mornings or when I’ve been sitting for a long time.

2)  Tonight I went to run with the other “Winter Warriors” at the store.  I walked in, went to sign in and when I turned around Karen, the owner of the store, asked me what size of shoe I wore.  I told her and then she handed me a free pair of socks!  More specifically, a pair of Icebreaker Marino Wool socks!  A $17 pair of socks.  Wahoo!   Their rep was at the store promoting them and everyone that showed up got a pair.  I used them on our run and I must say they were awesome!!  I’m a cheapo when it comes to socks, usually getting the basic slightly-above cotton variety, but maybe I need to invest in some quality ones now that my long run is getting, well, long.  FYTO5k

3)  Saturday is the  Freeze Your Thorns Off 5K hosted by Adam of www.theboringrunner.com.   If you haven’t already, check it out, sign up, run, and report.  He’s giving away some great prizes.  Oh wait, don’t run it.  I want them!

 

Do you consider virtual races as official races when it comes to how many races you did in a year?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot! Free socks!!

Unknown said...

Man, stinks I missed the free socks. I had pulled an all nighter at work Wednesday night, so I was no good for running.

Nej said...

Free socks? Score!!!!!!!