Quotes

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gym Rat

Print

When I first started back to running a little less than a year ago, I spent much time at the gym on post to get my exercise in.  between exercise bikes, treadmills, and weights, It really helped get my body back into  shape.  For awhile, I was going nearly everyday at lunch, then off to Subway for a healthy meal.  Once the weather started to warm up, I quit going to the gym and did all my running outside.

Tomorrow, I plan to reacquaint myself with the gym. 

I haven’t run in a week due to a rough cold, but I’m mostly better now, and figured I’d try out the gym while at work.  Right now isn’t the best time to be running outside with all the ice we have, so what better time to hit the gym right?   Besides, it’s a great gym, and at no cost to me.  Plus I can get my workout done before heading home.  So that’s the goal.  We’ll see how it goes. 

FYI, the Army has an awesome Moral, Wellfare, and Recreation program which runs the gym.  I’m VERY thankful that they allow Army Civilian employees access as well!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Becoming a gym rat is a good idea.

Nej said...

Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't been to the gym since May when I started running outside. It was pretty easy (surprisingly) to slip back into the gym routine. Good luck!!!!!

Jess said...

You can't beat a FREE gym!