Quotes

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two under 16

That's two miles under 16 minutes!  I ran the parade field/lake route at lunch today in 15:44.  I knew from an evening run last week, that I've improved my speed, but I didn't know how much.  Today, I headed out with my trusty droid with Runkeeper going to find out,my estimation was about a 8:30 pace.  Five minutes into the run Runkeeper said I was at a 8:25 pace; 10 minutes in I was at an 8:05 pace; then 15 minutes in, I was at a 7:55 pace.  Heck yeah! 

Tonight is concert night, so I'll be hitting up Centennial Lake for a short run as well.  I've been reading a lot about back-to-back runs for ultramarathon training and figured I'd try it today.  Jess, at 21 Days had a three-run day finishing off 13 miles yesterday.  Not that her post was the inspiration for my own multi-run day, but it's encouraging to see others do it too, three runs, I don't know how she found the time!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Way to go, Speedy McSpeedster!

P.S. Thanks for linking to Jess. I used to read her but took her out of my RSS when she quit. So glad to see she's back.