Quotes

Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm a Morning Runner

At least today I am.  I was able to get 2.38 miles in before starting work. Definitely better than waiting until lunch time.  It helped that today is my short day (8 hours instead of 9).  I simply got up at my normal time and brought stuff to shower with afterwards.  The run itself was good too.  9:03 pace. 

I haven't had any shin pain the last few runs.  It appears the pain was caused by the orthotics, which have been sitting in the same location for the last few weeks.  Frankly, my feet have been feeling great too!  I've started doing some light Achilles stretching as soon as I wake up and it seems to help.  Basically, as soon as I'm conscious, I dorsoflex my feet on and off for about 15-30 seconds each.  I do this 3-4 times depending on my mood.  Also I try to do it throughout the day, whenever I think to. 

Lately, I've been having headaches.  Mostly when sitting at the computer.  I'm thinking it's due to my eyes so I scheduled an appointment for this evening.  My last exam was roughly 3 years ago so I'm over due anyway.  If my prescription hasn't changed, I guess I'll make a doctors appointment and see what they say.  This has happened before on a few occasions and it's always been the glasses so I'm 99.99% sure that's what it is now.  We'll see.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great job on the morning run!

i get headaches when i need new glasses too