Quotes

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Day of Firsts

1.  Today was the first run since my 16 miler, and first since the gout attack returned.  My toe still had some lingering soreness, but it seems the run loosened it up a bit. 

2.  Today was the first day to run in my new Montrail Mountain Masochists.  I got these for the Golden Gate Trail Marathon in July.  They’re my first pair of trail shoes.  I liked them, when running off road, but the felt cumbersome on pavement.  Then again, they’re not made for road running.  Good thing the marathon is nearly all trails.

3.  Today was the first time at a new trail.  It’s only about 10 minutes from the house, but it’s a well kept secret.  It’s actually been there for years, but I just found out about it.  It’s a small trail, mostly paved and secluded, but there is also a nice stretch with a hilly mulched trail.  Not really good for hill work, but a nice area to run.  The total length of the trails is about 3.4 miles so no go for distance runs. 

4.  Today we built our first, of two, fish ponds.  It’s about 7 feet long x 3 feet wide x 1.5 foot deep.  There is still a ton left to do, but the hole has been dug, liner installed and filled with water. Next will be to get rocks for the edging and build a small waterfall.

No comments: