Quotes

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Travel Update

I had to cut my work trip short due to a death in the family.  My grandmother who has been in the hospital for awhile passed away on Tuesday.  We're heading to Oklahoma for the funeral tomorrow morning and will be there until Monday.  She had a long life and towards the end things started going down hill.  It's better for her to have gone now than to have become an invalid stuck in a nursing home withering away.  She was ready to go.

As for this week's trip, it was hot and humid.  I got one run in last night, around 3 miles, I haven't mapmyrun it yet.  The run was nice and relaxing until the last stretch running along a small lake.  It wasn't my feet this time!  It was those damn deer flies!!  I had about 15 hovering around me trying to snipe my skin and drink my blood.  Maybe my next work focus will be on controlling them!!

I'll be back Tuesday.

James 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing how you beat those flies back next week. :)