Quotes

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Two Miles

Two miles, that's been my running lately, at least in the area of two miles that is.  Today's run was right on the dot.  2.0 miles in 18:04 (9:02 pace).  But why only two miles instead of 3.1?  Well, the Army Physical Fitness test has a running component and it's a timed 2 mile run.    Not quit a sprint but not quite distance either.

For those of you that don't know, I work for the Army.  My office is about a block away from Garrison Headquarters and the Parade Field where PT tests are conducted.  Two laps around the parade field equals two miles.  A good goal for a lunchtime run.  I've been running a modified lop though. From my office, I run a single lap around the field, then head for a half lap around the lake and it's about 2.25 miles.  Today, I just cut it short to see how I handled just the 2.0.  Not too bad.  How does my running compare to the Army PT test?  Well let's just say I was 14 seconds shy of passing.  Then again, I wasn't pushing it either. Maybe soon I'll attempt a mock test.  I'll go ahead and mark my pushups a fail.  Situps, I could possibly pass with a bit of training. Running, I'm sure I can do it. 

As for races, I found a local 5K this weekend that is about 5-10 minutes from the house.  I'll most likely be signing up for it today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

PT day on the NCR trail is always a good day... LOL... It gives us something to look at.

Hey, Jeff Galloway coming to Fleet Feet on Thursday (May 12). Come on out for the run that day!

James said...

I saw that, it's been awhile since I've made it to FF. I'll try and make it.