Quotes

Monday, December 10, 2012

And the Winners Are…

I’ve tallied up all the entrants and used random.org to pick the winners.  Here they are:

1.  Beth Dickhute-Mickens - Wins a free 8 oz bottle of Harmless Harvest Coconut Water.

2. Chicas On A Mission - Wins a free 8 oz bottle of Harmless Harvest Coconut Water. 

3. Kathy Kyle Ryan – Wins a free Harmless Harvest t-shirt.

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all for entering!

To the winners, I’ll be contacting you shortly for an address to send the prizes!

Today’s run did not go well.  I opted for a short run on the treadmill at work.  After about 3 minutes of running, my outer left knee was in pain.  I stopped after about half a mile.  It was the same feeling I had towards the end of the Stone Mill 50 Miler.  At first, I was fearing the worst, a stress fracture.  My thinking was that how quickly it resurfaced after a 3 week break, it wasn’t likely to be muscle related, but after some further research, my original assumption from the race was plausible, IT Band syndrome. 

Coincidentally, tonight was my second PT appointment.  After telling the DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy), she checked out the area, and surmised that was likely the case.  My IT band was quite stiff she said, then proceeded to kneed and massage the area.  After that, it was additional stretches for IT band, then some TENS unit and cold therapy.  I sure hope that’s the issue, and it cooperates well with the therapy!  Boo!

No comments: