Quotes

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Two-Mile Luncher

I was dragging this morning.  Last night I was up entirely too late working on a custom rom for my Toshiba Thrive tablet.  Yup…. I’m a geek.  ha!  Anyhouser, I only got about 5 hours of sleep, making for an extremely dragging morning at work.  I’d brought my running clothes in anticipation of a lunchtime run, but all morning, all I could think about was taking a nap, and I nearly did.

I decided to suck it up, dawn my running gear, and get out there regardless of my lack of sleep.  It’s been awhile since I’ve done a straight run; most of my running as been the 1:30/1:00 run/walk variety for pretty much all year.  I’m looking at doing a 5K in a few weeks so I wanted to get some straight running in.  I elected to do two miles around the parade field.  I was quite surprised with myself.  I made it in 17:49, for a 8:56 pace.  Wahoo.  If I can keep it up for another 1.1 miles, I’ll PR by over a minute.    

No comments: