Quotes

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zippity Do Da

Since tracking my run on Sunday, I've been pleased with the pace I had.  It's been about 6 months since tracking my pace so I had no clue what it might be. Today, I squeezed in a quick 1.5 miles around the lake. Typically, shoot for four laps (3.08 miles) which makes almost a 5K, but today I didn't have the time.  So two laps it was.  I again sued Runkeeper to track my intervals, ans subsequently my pace.  I increased the ratio from 1:30/1:00, which I'll be using for my race, to a 1:45/1:00.  My thinking was that if I get used to running 1:45 at a time, then the race at 1:30 will feel easier.  I know a few other run/walkers that follow this philosophy and it works for them. 

Getting back to paces, take a look at my pacing for today.  I'm pleased, but I don't intend to make this a habit of tracking.  After the race, I'm going back to watch-free.  :)


No comments: