Quotes

Monday, March 26, 2012

Goal Change

Well it's looking like my goals for 2012 are drastically changing from originally intended.

Goal One:  Increase my running frequency.  So far, I've been fairly consistent with last years frequency.

Goal Two:  Experiential running and sans timekeeping.  I've become much more subjective in evaluating my ruins, but with adding a half marathon, the timekeeping has crept back in.

Goal Three:  Find unusual/historical/intellectual/personal locations to run and document each one as an event.  I've done a few of these types of runs, but to be honest, 95% of my runs this year have been at one of two places (the lake at work, or the NCR Trail).  


In addition, I started out this year with no racing goals.  I did/do plan to run the Army 10 Miler, but that is my one yearly race.  Well, so far this year I've registered for, and about to run a half marathon, and I'm "This close" to registering for a trail marathon.   That's right!  I'm 98% sure I'm going to register for the Golden Gate Trail Marathon in July.  The family and I are taking a vacation to California, and this race just happens to fall on the last day there.  It'll be tough.  Within the first 1.5 miles there is a 900 foot climb, and the marathon is a two looper so I'll get to do it all over again.  I think I'm ready for the challenge and looking forward to switching up my running to include a heavy amount of hill work.  It's 16 weeks away and I'm already trained up to a half marathon so I've got the luxury of time to increase my distance and work on hills. 

We haven't yet bought the plane tickets, but once they're set, I'll most likely be registering for this one.  There goes my spring/summer of leisurely running!

No comments: