Quotes

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Sixer

No, not that kind of Sixer!   I got in six miles out the at NCR Trail today.  The weather out was nice with a brisk breeze, sunny skies, and a relatively warm temperature out (They were salting the highway in anticipation of snow and ice tomorrow!). 

I’ve mentioned the NCR Trail many times on here, but I can’t help but give it praise again.  I just LOVE this trail.  Today it was not as crowded as I anticipated it to be.  Still, there were quite a few people out, and one of my favorite things to do is people watch while running. I got plenty of it today, minus the hassle of dodging them all. 

The run itself was nothing spectacular, a simple long run in preparation for my impromptu half marathon next month.  But the combination of weather, trail condition, and having a race goal, made for a wonderful run. 

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

So glad you were able to get a run in- that makes all the difference in the world sometimes!