Quotes

Friday, November 18, 2011

Health Update

The conundrum continues.  I'm more or less back to my regular ole self, but the underlying issues are still present.  My new blood pressure medicine is working great, maybe a bit too great. My temperatures have moved up some, but still below my normal.  My blood work came back great, for the most part.

After about three days being on my new blood pressure medicine I've started having some numbers on the low end. For the most part, the numbers have been down.  In the mornings, right before taking the next dose, I'm around 130/85.  Slightly above the optimal, but not bad.  It fluctuates throughout the day but mostly the numbers have been good.  I've had a few instances where the numbers were too low. If it stays this way until my two week follow-up, then I'm going to request that I try the combination without the diuretic.  I was on Amlodipine and HTCZ (diuretic). The new med is one pill that contains both of those in the same dosage as before, and Valstran.  The Valstran seems to be working really well.  I think I could do without the HTCZ and still have good numbers, and they just so happen to make one without it.  We'll see how the next week goes and what the doctor says.  It would be nice to get rid of one out of the two diuretics that make me have to pee all the time!

There were only two concerns regarding my blood work/urinalysis.  One, my glucose level was slightly elevated.  Not near diabetes range, but enough to keep an eye on it given my genetic per-disposition for it.  Two, I have a moderate level of bacteria.  Not really sure what the means.  Otherwise, everything was in the normal ranges.

On the running front, I'm going out this afternoon for a run.  I only have a half day at work so I'm still deciding if I want to run there or come home and run the neighborhood, but I will get out there today. :)

I nearly registered for an 8K this Sunday at the Baltimore Zoo.  In fact, I planned to, but when I went to register, it was full.  Oh well, I'm definitely going to do the Turkey Trot 5 miler near my house. 

Regarding my diet, I've been doing great at it and according to the scale this morning I'm down nearly 8 pounds from two weeks ago.  Yippy Skippy!

Things seem to be on an upswing. 

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Hurray for things looking up! Hope they continue to improve~!