Quotes

Monday, September 19, 2011

This coming Sunday I will be running my first half marathon at the Hidden Treasures Half Marathon in Salisbury, MD.  The race is small, and I mean small. Lat year there were a total of 140 finishers for the HM.  Granted, it was the first year of the race and is likely to be more this year, but I'm sure it will still be small.

My training for this race has been much different than training for the marathon.  Yeah, it's half as long, but I've just not been putting near as much effort into this thing.  Mostly, I've been running two days a week instead of three, and I've not cared about my times.  Plus, I'm nearly 25 lbs heavier than when I ran the marathon. 

My goals will be to A) finish the race injury-free. B) run the race in less than 2:45.  C) run the race in less than 2:30.  I'm confident I can complete A and B, C will be tough, but is doable.  We shall see.

My strategy will be somewhat similar to my marathon strategy, start off slow and slowly speed up over the miles.  My training has been using 1.5/1 run/walks so I'll most likely stick with that. 

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

GOOD LUCK!! That is amazing, half marathons are pretty daunting for me!!! Good luck with your goals- I truly hope your able to make ALL of them!!!! YOUR GOING TO ROCK IT!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

good luck!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Good luck James!